The It

I’m going to tell you a story. When Mateo was thirteen he was walking through the forest with his friend Jack. They had gotten lost hours before and were getting tired. It was about eleven p.m. and they were getting scared, though neither of them were about to admit it.

“I’m hungry,” Mateo said.
“Then eat grass,” Jack retorted.

The It
The It

“You eat it,” He snapped back.
They had been arguing for hours because each thought getting lost was the others fault. Then, at that moment in time, they heard the most blood curdling scream they had ever heard.
“Did you hear that?” Mateo asked.
“Yes,” Jack said trembling.
“I know that I have been avoiding telling you this but I’m really scared,” said Mateo.
“Me too,” Jack said.
“I think that there’s something coming for us Jack. Something big!” Mateo said.
“I really think that this is the one time that I would ever scream. Before this day I never would have thought that,” said Jack.
“Me neither,” Mateo said.

That’s when they heard the growl. It was a tear jerking growl that made Mateo’s insides churn. Then they saw it but only for a mere second because by then it was upon Jack ripping him to shreds! Mateo didn’t believe what he was seeing. Jack tried to yell “Run Mateo run,” but he couldn’t hear it among the growls and screams.

“Aargh!” screamed Mateo. Then the screams stopped and he knew he had lost Jack. He started to cry but he couldn’t because he was frozen with fear. He had just noticed that it was looking at him. It pounced on him he just screamed and screamed and screamed but it did no good. It was on top of him, growling ferociously and that was the end of Mateo and Jack.

I am Mateo and this is my story.

By Elias Levey-Swain