Win!Win!Win! By Joe

My Name is Joe and I’m in sixth Grade! I have written about “What difference has blogging made to your life at school and home?” I wrote this post for

The Edublogger’s Share Your Blogging Experience

Win!Win!Win!

By Joe

2. What difference has blogging made to your life at school and home? For example, how has it changed how you learn, the challenges of blogging and how teachers might make the process easier?

Blogging is something that can change any kid including me! I started Blogging with my class last year and it’s something that we’ve stuck with. This blogging has been a great experience because it allows my class and I to show our work to the world and show how much we know. It also allows us to get in touch with other bloggers. Some of my homework has to do with blogs. Usually its commenting on a different blog or creating new writing or creating new things that involve pictures or video. There is so much to do in blogging. You can always be occupied with blogging because there always different things to discover or write. Most of our leaning now is with technology and it’s easier I think because we get more work done. The beauty about blogging is you can share your work with other friends, classmates and the world! Like I said my learning is faster and I am always doing something with technology whether it’s editing or pasting or just writing.  Also now that we have a blog we can post things so my teacher can see and it’s much easier for her instead of having to carry papers.

However in blogging there are a few things that you need to follow. As I said when you post something on a blog it’s shown to the whole world so you have to make sure you edit your work very carefully. This has been good practice for me to learn how to be better at editing. Also once you post things you can’t edit them, only the administrator can but this happens rarely. With blogging you have to watch out for anything that you take from another site because it may have a copyright which means you cannot use that picture because it’s against the law. A great site you can use for pictures is Flickrcc! Those are some important challenges. There are also challenges that are fun! Blogs also have blogging challenges that you try to beat by writing or video or media or just about anything that’s involved with technology. I have taken on a couple of blog challenges and I have to say they are pretty fun.

Teacher’s and kids in my school have made a big step in technology and blogging since last year and I have to say the teachers have made the process very easy and it took a short time to learn how to blog. Sometimes the kids are able to show the teachers if they don’t know how to do something on blogging. That’s how much my class and I have learned! I don’t think the teachers have to change one bit on how they’re teaching blogging. Blogging is fun and great and I’m just going to keep writing and creating new ideas!
Blogging is fun!! 🙂

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

______________________________________________________

One thought on “Win!Win!Win! By Joe

1. Hi Joe, great to hear you are enjoying blogging while also thinking about appropriate online behaviour in terms of use of images and copyright. Also cool to hear that the students and teachers are helping each other.

Keep up the good work and thanks for entering The Edublogger competition!

Sue Waters