Myself – Claire

Hi! My name is Claire and I am 11 years old. I was  born in  N.Y.C. and have lived in N.Y. for my whole life (so far). I live in a town called West Point  that is about one hour north of New York City and I go to school at PDS. I have a sister who goes to a different school called Haldane which is  a public school in Cold Spring. My brother, who is nine is in 4th grade and also goes to Haldane and he loves Sports. My mom and dad are both doctors. My family is somehow related to William Seward who  negotiated the sale of Alaska to the United States. We are distant cousins with him. I am looking forward to a great year at PDS.

My favorite  animals  are dogs and zebras. My favorite colors are navy blue and orange.  I like to play  soccer and  basketball. For soccer, I am on a travel team called the Philipstown Dragons with my older sister who is twelve. We had our first game yesterday (9/11) but unfortunately  we lost 1-0. I used to be on a team with girls my age but everyone quit . We were called the Philipstown  Dynamos. I also play basketball,  I am on a co-ed rec team for my town.

This summer, I went  to Cape Cod. Every year of my life I have been to Cape Cod.  My family on my dad’s side  lives in a town called Barnstable and his aunt lives in a town called Dennis. Ever since I was eight, my sister, my brother and I went to my aunt’s house and stayed there for a week. When we are there we played with her Golden Retriever dog named Cody, swam in her pool, got ice cream, went to the beach, and explored Cape Cod.  When I grow up I want  to own the Cape Cod potato chip factory.  When we were there we of course took a tour at Cape Cod Potato Chip Factory. After going to my aunt’s house for a week, I went to my  Grandma”s  for a  week. Then my dad ,my sister, my brother, and I all went to the Adirondacks. We were there for  four days. We went  tubing down the Schroon river. Then the next day we  went  horse  back- riding. My horses name was Sammy. I also went swimming at Fishkill All Sport this summer.

Blogging Challenge Week #1

One thought on “Myself – Claire

1. Hi Claire:

Daddy here. I really liked visiting your school tonight and learning about all the cool stuff you are learning and doing. I like Shirley’s blog a lot and your post.

I also liked your teachers, Kyle and Joe.

I almost wish I could go back to school and be in the 6th grade too.

Love,

Daddy