The Closet Door – by Lizzy

“Melany, don’t worry. Look, nothing is in here,” my mother says reassuringly.
The room seems to brighten, as do I, at my mother’s soft words.

“Oh, oh, okay,” I stutter.
It seems to me that my mother has been saying that to me every night for as long as I can remember. The door shut behind my mother as she left the room and the same dark feeling fell over me.

It’s 2 a.m. and I still can’t get to sleep. I’ve lived in this house since I was born. It’s the last house on a dead end street right next to the woods. The houses on our street are dull, with dull people living in them with the exception of my next-door neighbor who is a clown in a traveling circus. His house is hot pink.

For the past couple of years I have been afraid of my closet. Every time my mom opens the closet there’s nothing there but I know something is in there hiding. Each night I’m afraid the thing, whatever it is will get me. I see things, hear things and sense things. Something IS in my closet. Is it my imagination? The past couple of nights I have been without sleep. They say if you go without sleep for a certain amount of time you’ll go crazy. I don’t think I’m crazy………..

“MELANY!! MELANY!! WHERE ARE YOU??”  I hear my mother screaming for me but I don’t know how to get to her. I’m cold, scared and it’s dark. I feel something around me but I don’t know what.  I don’t know where I am and all I know is that last night I finally opened my closet door.

3 thoughts on “The Closet Door – by Lizzy

1. What the shiznick! That was AWESOME! You really brought the tension to the story as always.
    From
    cally

2. Nice job Lizzy. I really liked the cliff hanger in your story. The only thing that I have to say is it’s a little confusing, but other then that it’s fine. I hope that you keep writing scary stories or add more to this story.

From Samantha

3. Hi Lizzy,
    I really liked your story, I even felt chills when the mother was Yelling for Melany. In the second to last paragraph I was wondering how this story could end and WOW it surprised me. I think you did a great job on the detail and the whole story over all.
    Great job,
    From Mara