No School by Massimo

No School

When I had no school for five days straight (counting the weekend), I had a lot of fun. I had no Internet for most of the time and I was sick during it so I didn’t do much, but it gave me a lot of rest so that was a good thing. I got 18’’ of snow at my house so we could play a lot outside with my cousin who came over.On Saturday, when my mom, my sister and I came back from a party, we tried to get up the hill to our house. My mom was afraid to go up the hill because she saw other people slipping every which way. She decided that she would not drive up, so she called my dad to take us up and leave her car at the bottom of the hill. Finally my dad got to the bottom of the hill ( which felt like hours I might add). When we got to my house I ran to my room and went to bed.

When I woke up, we all went sledding at a friends. It was fun sledding but we had to walk there and it was really cold.  We were walking up two small hills to get to our friend’s house while carrying sleds with snow pants on ( which were not light at all). When we got at the house we had to walk up this really really long and steep driveway. That was where we were sledding,  so we went down and up down and up down and up.

After that it was Monday,  Halloween and I was still sick, so I  just rested  on the sofa the whole time. When it was almost time to go trick-or-treating I didn’t feel much better so I thought that I wouldn’t go, but later on I decided to go. I was really glad I did because a friend was coming with us so that was cool. When we got back, our friend left and I heard from my mom that there was no school the next day, so I stayed up for a long time.