Challenge #9 by Zoe

Challenge #9

Drawing is my favorite thing to do. I like to draw because it’s like “taking a picture” with my eye and “printing it out” when I draw. When I draw it feels like I’m creating a whole new world, and in that world, it can be anything I want it to be. From strange monsters to common cartoon characters that can be seen every day, and they can be anywhere. I can create anything by drawing if I keep practicing, and practicing, and practicing. There’s always something new to learn, so if you think you know everything about drawing your probably way, off.
One particular type of art that I like is Manga. What is Manga you ask? Manga is a popular type of Japanese art. It’s very much like the Japanese version of common cartoon shows such as The Looney Toons are in America. There are various versions of Manga and none of them are easy to draw. One of the styles is called Chibi. Chibi is a tinier version of manga. To describe it better, people are about ¼ the size of their normal sizes but their heads are huge compared to their bodies.
Manga is getting popular all over the world and even people who are not related to Asians are staring to draw using it. There are many books, websites, and videos that tell how to draw manga. One of them is:  Dragoart.com

image by Rainbowcatz flickrcc

2 thoughts on “Challenge #9 by Zoe

1. I loved your description of art: “taking a picture….printing it out”. That is so true. I always have wonderful pictures in my mind but lack the ability to “print” those pictures out.

Art is a wonderful way to express oneself.

2. I, too, liked how you described drawing. You are fortunate in that you are able to translate the photos in your head into actual images on a page. Many of us feel we lack that talent. However, I think the key is what you said about practicing. Indeed, that is the key to everything. If we practice, we are sure to improve.

I particularly liked the way you described Manga and Chibi to your readers. I could picture Chibi figures thanks to the way you described them. I have definitely seen both types of characters all over the place.

Keep practicing!