Edublogs Blogging Challenge Week 10 – Manny

Blogging Challenge Week 10

By Manny C.

So far, on my class blog, I have put up 9 posts on my page. Four of those are for the Edublogs Challenge that my class is taking a part in. The other 5 are ones that our teacher, Shirley, had assigned for homework. I wish that Shirley, had let us write maybe 1 or 2 posts about anything we wanted. I have only received 5 comments but replied to 2 so it appears as 7. My mom has put out the link for our school blog and my page on her facebook so I hope to get more comments from around the world. Not one of my posts has gotten a larger number of comments than another but I hope to change that. I only received one comment from a person I didn’t know at the time but I soon found out that Miss W. was the director of the Edublogs Challenge.

My favorite post to write was probably the Week Number 9 challenge because we could write it about anything as long as we included 2 links and 1 picture with a correct attribution. I wrote mine about a person I made up called, “The Adventures of Pepito Corvette. It takes place in Paris but I only wrote the first chapter. It was fun to have to do a little bit of research and still be able to free write.

I have a total of 3 widgets or pictures in all of my posts. Personally I think that I should have more because pictures attract people to read something and then I might get more comments. Also if you don’t know all about the copyright law then it is hard to get pictures and one might get in a lawsuit. Copyright means that you can’t use the picture at all for your personal use unless you get permission from the author. Creative Commons is when if you give a correct attribution then you can use it or make fun of it in anyway. An attribution is when you say this person made it not me and put a link so people can see the real picture.

My class’s blog has only changed themes 1 time since September! Also to make it worse, the background we changed to is not that nice. I think we should change our background about once a month so that it won’t be the same background all the time. Color is also an issue, I would love to have a very bright, light, and colorful theme because light colors are more uplifting than dark colors. The time we changed was during Halloween and I think that is a good choice. If we change during the holidays then we can have an idea of what to change it to. There is a holiday almost every month so that would make it easier.

Last year our visitors were at 3,000 and now they’re at 6,000 and still rising! I think that we could get about 8,000 if we really tried. One idea to help us that I just came up with is maybe if there is a youtube video that we create and film that is really funny, more people will tell their friends to visit it. Our newest visitor was from France and visited on November 27, 2011. The newest country is United Arab Emirates and last visited on November 26, 2011. They keep on changing so it might read differently when you look at it. If you would like to see our visitors click here.