Picture Story by Lukas

The day I found a hole in my basement was not the best day. I woke up, got breakfast and then I heard a clunk. That clunk was my dog hitting the house again. I had to take the dog on a walk so he would stop banging the house. I told my dog Whiskers, “It’s time to come in boy.” Whiskers jumped up and ran into the house. He ran into the basement and fell in the hole .

The hole had never been there as far as I knew, but in that hole was over 10,000 dollars in cash. After I stuffed 100 in my pocket I fainted.

When I woke the police were all around my friend’s house. His Dad stepped out in hand cuffs. I wondered what was going on so I went to his house that afternoon and asked what was up. Billy said that his dad was arrested for stealing food to give to other people on the street. He said,“I think that he should not have been arrested and he should just have to pay for the food.”

That night I thought about all the money I found and I came to a decision that I would donate all the money I found to the poor. The next morning I asked my mom to help me find a homeless shelter so I could make a donation. My mother asked why we had to donate, as we were already poor enough without giving all are money away. I quickly explained about all the money I found yesterday. My mom said it was okay and we left to find a shelter.