The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind – Samantha

In are class we are reading a book that is called The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind and so far this book is awesome. The two main characters in the book are William and his dad. This story is about William building a machine that will harness the wind. Though we didn’t get to that part where he harnessed the wind yet. We are only at chapter three.The first couple chapters are about William’s childhood.

The things that I like are all the stories that Williams dad tells. I like the stories because when you hear them in the beginning you don’t know what will happen in the end. My favorite story that he told was the lion and the leopard.I liked this story because it keeps the reader interested, like when the leopard and the lion didn’t get their food and they ate an old man. The old man was their friend and in charge of getting their food. So when the old man didn’t give the animals their food they ate him.

The other thing that I like is when William and his friends play a game they made up with fake guns. The people who usually play with William are his neighbors and cousin. His cousin is the captain of Iraq and  of course the game is called America verses Iraq. This game is like a big hunt because its two teams fighting each other with “spit ball” guns. The people where William is from thinks that Americans will always win in the fight.

If you ever see this book in a library o you should read it as its a great book…so far.