SLC- Raiyaan

Student led Conference is a time  to show my strengths and weaknesses in my academic classes. It is run mainly by the student but with a little bit of help from the teacher. The conference is thirty minutes long and parents and our advisor attends. In the past, Student led Conferences did not have a presentation with pictures and links, but this year we did. Teachers made us examples of the slides which we then used to help us.

Before the conference day, all the 6th, 7th and 8th grade prepare and get ready. We all worked really hard and made sure that our presentations were perfect. I did practice runs with my friends. I tried to use a lot of time in talking/showing work so that in my presentation there wouldn’t be an awkward silent block at the end. I also tried to not reading off of the board so that it doesn’t look like my back is face to the audience and I’m reading off the board.

I felt really proud after my presentation. I was glad that I didn’t have to work on my presentation anymore. I was also glad to because I got to tell my parents what I was good at and what I was not so good at at. My parents are now helping me a lot in Spanish because that’s the only thing that I have trouble on. My parents are really proud of me and I got a present afterward. My student led conference was exciting.