STUDENT LED CONFERENCE – MANNY

Student Led Conference Presentations

A Student Led Conference is basically the same thing as a parent teacher conference except it is led by the student. We did it differently than we normally do it this year. This year we made presentations to go along with our conference. I had fun creating my presentation and I am proud of my work. I think students leading a conference is a good idea because it prepares everyone for real life and doing business. It was really exciting and a great experience for me.

To prepare for my SLC, I first had to plan out my presentation. We all (6th grade) got layout slides so we had something to work off of. That made the whole process of the presentation way easier. I filled in all the criteria in the slideshow, and I also needed to find out if I needed any pieces of paper or need to print stuff out for my slideshow. When I printed, I was ready to rehearse. It took some time until I was ready to put it all together and show my parents.

My experience with this was all very positive and exciting. I always over think this every year but then it turns out to be all fine. I am usually intimidated and kind of frightened but my SLC always turns out okay. I had a great time with my dad for my SLC and hope I do not over think it next year. One of my goals was to jog every other day and I have not really been doing that because of my spring allergies. I really want to because, since I have asthma it is hard for me to run and jog. I think doing this will build up my endurance. Overall, I had a great Student Led Conference!

One thought on “STUDENT LED CONFERENCE – MANNY

1. Hi Manny. You probably know me-you visited my blog TAS. Your blog is really cute and creative! Hope you have fun!