Letter to Denis- By Ana

Dear Denis,
I am a 6th grader at Poughkeepsie Day School and I am 12 years old. I watched your video and I am so inspired by what you did. I am wondering how you didn’t get homesick? What did you do to stay focused and keep going? If I was on that journey I would probably stop and sit in one place for as long as I could. I would want to really learn the culture. You guys went so far away from home for so long and never gave up.

Even ‘though you didn’t take the exact route that Marco Polo did I can understand why it was so hard. You had problems that Marco Polo didn’t, like getting Visas and all the fights with guns. It is cool that some of the places were still like when Marco Polo was there. For example, in India they prayed in the same places that they did thousands of years before. Each place was unique. They all had their ups and downs. I wish I could go on that journey too. I would probably get homesick but it would be so amazing!

You are so lucky that you got to do this and that you didn’t stop half way. I would really appreciate it if you came to my school to present what it was like on your journey, the story and the things that you learned. If you can’t do that  we would love it if you could Skype with us. If you can’t do that either then you could maybe come next year. My whole class loved what you did and hope you can come!

From

Anastasia