Geocaching By Maddie

Blogging Challenge #5

I think Geocaching is a great game to explore the outside and get kids to collaborate.To play, a GPS (Global positioning satellite) or a smart phone is needed so you can navigate your way around. Geocaching.com is where you get the coordinates to plug into your GPS/smart phone. It is a way of playing treasure hunt but using technology to find your way around as you look for the hidden geocaches. Geocaching will be a great adventure as we travel through the outdoors in search of our treasures.

I like this game a lot because it is a great game to enjoy in the outdoors and I think playing this at PDS would be very fun! I’ve played this game before and I loved it. It might be hard with a lot of kids so I think we should do it by academics or homeroom classes. Perhaps we could use maps instead so it can involve math as we look at the coordinate planes.

I think we should play outside only because inside might disturb classrooms. Maybe the teachers should hide the geocaches so the kids could look for them. Some places the geocaches could be hidden are the playground, woods (not the woods past the yellow line), the soccer fields and the front PDS lawn.

© Copyright”The Find” by Kenneth Allen and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.