Geocaching- Adrienne

Blogging Challenge #5

Geocaching is high tech way to go treasure hunting all over the world in nature places. The steps needed to go Geocaching are having a GPS and a free membership at Geocaching.com After that’s done plug in the GPS to get the coordinates and start hiking. When the GPS shows the box is near, simply just look around. When the box is found, sign your name and take the item that’s in there in exchange for a item of an equal or greater value.

I think to put this around the school campus would be totally wonderful.  Maybe we could hide them and have the lower schoolers look for them and maybe the high schoolers too. If we were the ones who wanted to find the boxes the teachers or other kids could hide them for us. If this becomes a big hit, we could have a Geocaching field trip or a new after school program.

Geocaching would encourage kids and people who don’t usually go outside to go, look and get some nice fresh air. I really hope this happens as it sounds like tons and tons of fun for everyone in the whole entire world. I once found a cache accidentally and now I understand it I can’t wait to go back and find some more! For more information this is the right link for you.

By damingo@glasgow from Creative Commons