About My Town – Mira

Hi! I am Mira . I am going to tell you some interesting facts about Montgomery.  I live in Montgomery , NY. The place where I live is very interesting and I would like to tell you about it. Montgomery has been around for 255 years!  Montgomery is named after General Montgomery after he died in the Revolutionary war. Now many people live in Montgomery, there is a Village and a Town of Montgomery. There are many good restaurants ,tourist places and my favorite ice cream stand. Some of the tourist places are village hall, the Montgomery park, baseball and softball fields, some historical houses and Montgomery Elementary School. Another thing that I love about Montgomery is the food! There are so many good restaurants ! Some of the restaurants I love are Copperfield’s, Ward’s Bridge INN, Mike’s deli, Franco’s and 88 Charles street all of them hold a great variety of different food and cuisine. My favorite place in Montgomery is ……. Richard’s Ice Cream Stand!!!! It is delicious and it holds over 50 different ice cream selections. The last thing I want to tell you about Montgomery is the Wallkill River. The Wallkill River is so beautiful and one different thing about it is that it flows north and most rivers flow south. So now you know many different, interesting and wonderful places in my hometown Montgomery.