That Fun Day – By Jade

That Fun Day

It is a cold, crisp evening at the Baratta household. There are guests arriving with cold, red noses and lots of sniffling. They give a welcome with a loud yell, “Hello guys!” As they enter, they smell the warm delicious food, and walk to the kitchen to greet the chefs, who are my mom, Grandma, and Papa. They give a quick hug then say ‘hi’ to everyone else.

I hear pitter patter, running through the house. My baby cousin’s little laugh fills the room with happiness. Zoe walks over to the drum set that is almost twice her size. She tries to climb it and struggles but she makes it. Then she finds the drum sticks. “BANG!” “CRASH!” “BOOM!” She starts to play, and the loudness is overwhelming. I clap when she is done to make her feel proud of her drumming. But I almost feel that it was a mistake. Now she won’t stop playing…

More guests arrive surprised by the banging. They give a welcome with a loud yell, “Hello guys!” As they enter, they smell the warm delicious food. They go to the kitchen to great the chefs.

After everyone filed in, they sang, danced, talked, and ate the appetizers and then… it was time to eat. The aroma of the food filled the air. Everybody walked into the dining room found their sticky name tag and sat down. The plates were full with amazing food and we stuffed our mouths talking about what was going on in our lives. We  then asked each other “Would you rather questions.”

When the meal was over we watched a football game. Half of my family was rooting for one team and the other half was rooting for the other team. Then they set up the dessert table. Yum, I could smell all of the pies, cupcakes and little apple tarts. My family was waiting. Finally we were called to the table.

After dessert my brother and uncle went over to play the drums and guitar. They were really good the music lasted for about thirty minutes. We then had some singers, which were my mom and two aunts. Thanksgiving was fun!  I can’t wait for next year.