Thanksgiving Day – By Sobia

Thanksgiving Day

I was walking quickly but carefully towards my friend’s house with my brother. The ground was muddy and the mud ruined my boots. My brother smelled like turkey. My sister and my other brother were way behind and were still at the bottom of the driveway. This was because my sister was fixing her hair and my other brother was talking to her about colleges. My mom and dad were already in the house talking with their friends because they came before us.

When I walked in they had just started serving the turkey. The lights were on and all around me people were talking and eating and laughing. I got my dinner and went upstairs to eat. My friends were up there so I sat next to them on the bed. I started to eat my dinner. First, I ate the turkey. I didn’t remember the last time I had eaten turkey and when I put it right next to my mouth, I could smell the turkey. I felt sorry for it as I thought about what it was like when it was still alive. I didn’t like the bland taste of the turkey though so I was eating it little by little, nibbling on it. I felt like a hamster.

Ten minutes later we had finished eating and my friends started watching “Mulan” on Netflix on a laptop. An hour passed and we were still watching “Mulan” but we were towards the end of it.I started feeling hungry again and I was already tired. I had a knot in my stomach.  I left later on feeling happy but sleepy. It was a fantastic party and I had a really amazing time. It was a very Happy Thanksgiving.