Out of My Mind – By William

Out of My Mind is a great book about a girl named Melody. Melody has a serious case of cerebral palsy, so she has a hard time communicating with others. When she is around 4 years old her mom decides to put her in school. The room class that she goes to is for disabled kids only. She later gets accepted in a normal class and makes a friend named Rose. Although Rose can not understand Melody all the time, she can still relate to her.
Melody then makes new friends and enemies especially two girls named Clair and Molly who are overall rude. For a present Melody gets a Meditalker so she can finally communicate and express herself. She then enters a quiz team and she gets in. At the end of every chapter you need to find out what happens.

This book is great and I think you should read it. At the end of every chapter, you always are wondering what is going to happen. My whole Middle School is reading this as a Global Read Aloud and many more schools are too. I think this book overall teaches you to respect other people even if they have disabilities or not. It taught me a great lesson and I hope it teaches you one to.

4 thoughts on “Out of My Mind – By William