Buddies – By Quinn

The mentor buddy program is an activity at PDS where sixth graders hang out with pre-k and k kids.  We went to their classroom and sat down. Everyone had to say their name and favorite ice cream flavor.  After that we hung out with kids. I was with a boy named A.J. and he was awesome. He is awesome because he is like a mini-me.index

Luckily I got him for my buddy.  I feel lucky to have A.J. as my buddy and I found out that he liked cops.  Eamonn and I kept getting arrested nine times (by A.J and Eamonn’s sister) for running away. After we let them get us, we realized that we actually had to TRY to get away.  Luckily Ibrahim made a bunch of mass breakouts.

Then we all played handball with Bastien, Wynn, Sebi, Sam, and one other k kid named Ross.  A.J. was so good that he got me out twice!  Unfortunately we don’t have another buddy class for eight days… waaaaa.

4 thoughts on “Buddies – By Quinn

1. Hi Quinn!

I LOVED reading your blog post about your buddy! It sounds like you had loads of fun with A.J.
    It can be so hard waiting for the fun to come around again, but 8 days isn’t so far away 😉

I’m eager to read more about your adventures with the littles!

xo Mama

2. I’m so glad (and proud) you are truly enjoying the mentoring program with A.J. Helping out and teaching those smaller or more vulnerable than ourselves is a wonderful skill of giving.

Can’t wait to read more posts!

3. Hi dad,
    Thank you so much for commenting on my buddies post. I am happy that you are proud that I am enjoying buddies.
    Sincerely Quinn

4. Dear dad,
    Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am happy that you are proud of me because I like the buddy program.
    Sincerely Quinn