Scary Story: The Red Hat – By Anna

“May I go to the bathroom?” Gracie Adler asked Mr. Patrick the gym teacher.

“Go ahead,” he told her. When Gracie was finished washing her hands in the dark cold room, she noticed something red in the corner. She skipped over and picked it up. It was a red knitted hat. Gracie was very smart so she ran to the lost and found and put it in the big pile. The next day she found the hat in the other bathroom at the school.  Again she put it in the lost and found. Whoever owns this hat loses it a lot she thought to herself.

Saturday morning Gracie woke up and looked on her dresser and saw the hat. Maybe I’ll wear it she thought. She put the hat on. Suddenly she felt like someone was watching her and almost controlling her. Gracie decided to walk her to friend Courtney’s house. When she got there Cortney was wearing an all new outfit. Gracie got jealous and said, “That outfit is so ugly,” She turned around and stomped out the door. She went home and told her mom she hated Courtney.

Gracie went to take a shower and she took the hat off. Suddenly, she felt herself again and she felt so bad for what she did. She wondered who was trying to make her wear the hat. Then, a girl dressed in all black showed up. “Who are you?” Gracie asked.

“I am the one who bewitched the hat,” the girl said.

All of a sudden, the girl did a spell to make Gracie fall asleep.

In the morning Gracie’s mom went to her room to wake her up. As soon as she walked in the room she fainted. There on the floor was the red hat. On the wall written in blood was, ‘The hat changed me’.

2 thoughts on “Scary Story: The Red Hat – By Anna

1. I really like your story and you had a lot of detail. Also I really liked your cliff hanger at the end when you said, “The hat changed me”. For the word limit I think you did a good job. -Mira

2. Mira,
    Thank you for the lovely comment! I will look at your blog and comment on your scary story. -Anna