Nature’s Classroom Reflection – By Audrey

A few weeks ago, the 6th and 7th graders went to a place called Nature’s Classroom where we stayed for a week. I had an amazing amount of fun there, and here are a few of my all time favorite things and experiences.

One of my favorite aspects of the entire experience was the counselors. We went to a place in Massachusetts, and I really enjoyed spending time with them. The head of the place, homeslice, was really funny and cool, and my field group leader, Griffin, had some fun ideas. I especially liked our skit for Thursday Night live (TNL), in which I got to act like a sloth and go very slowly. Our teachers also performed a skit, which I found more entertaining than all of the other skits. I think Thursday night live was my favorite activity, although the other activities were great as well. I also will not forget all of the other counselors, who performed funny skits in TNL, provided entertaining moments in all of the meals, and had some exciting classes.

Another thing I will miss is the classes and field groups. They ranged from building bridges out of spaghetti (something I did not do too well at after defying the rules of, “use triangles to make it stronger”), to the Poop Olympics (don’t turn away because of the name, it is a great class). They all made me think and taught me something. Classes like this, where I got to be hands on, were really effective because that is how I process information best. I wish I could do an egg drop every day!

Although there are so many things that I’ll miss (for instance, the dining hall, the jokes, the beautiful grounds, and more), the last things that I will miss the most are the food and the bunks. The food there was much better than a lot of the things I eat at home. Everything was different each day, and even if I couldn’t or didn’t want to eat any of the main courses there was always some sort of substitute. I’ll also miss the bunks, partly because I have never slept in that sort of situation before and partly because it was so fun to sleep in a bunk. I loved my bunch, and it was nice and clean (except for when all of my stuff was on it.)

All in all, this was one of the best weeks in the school year, and I can’t wait to do it again next year!

3 thoughts on “Nature’s Classroom Reflection – By Audrey

1. Dear Audrey,

I thought your blog post about Nature’s Classroom was amazing! I loved all the details and how you were really descriptive of what you did. I almost felt like I was there! It made me a little less nervous for Nature’s Classroom because I really had no idea what to expect. But this lets me get an idea of what you do at Nature’s Classroom. It was a great post and I hope you make more like this!

From,
    Tess

2. Audrey, I was really interested in and worried about the Nature’s Classroom thing, but your post answered all my questions. Thanks!

3. I liked the post Nature’s Classroom Reflection by Audrey. I liked this post because it tells you a little about Nature’s Classroom. Also for the incoming sixth graders it is very helpful and informational. It was also funny because of when Audrey said,” We also do something called the poop Olympics (but don’t worry it’s not with actual poop)”