The Bloody Pie – By Isaac

Cherry Pie!Creative Commons License Pug Girl via Compfight

In the old, haunted town of Springville, Fred turned 10 on Saturday, October 31th, and he had to get a pie from the candy store. He walked into the store, nabbed a pie, and left a little less than what the pie cost. It was an old, empty bakery on Elm street, so normally no one was there. But as he left, a kind old lady said something that caught him off guard.

“Sonny boy, hello there! I’m sad because my old grandson died. He apparently robbed his mother and bought a pie and didn’t even pay enough, and he suffered a horrible fate,” said the old woman. She couldn’t have known. Just a coincidence, Fred kept telling himself.

“I wish I could get the little bugger back…” said the woman, and with that she started wailing. But then the strangest thing happened. Her eyes flashed a vermilion red for just a second. The woman’s sobs looked like cackles, but she turned back to normal a couple seconds after, and Fred went home with the pie.

Once he got home, his mom and dad (and even his little sister) jumped out and said ‘SURPRISE!’ He was very gratified with the surprise. Fred didn’t see the pie cutting when it was time, but he did see his mom tap the pie with some stick and her eyes flashed red. He told himself he was imagining it, and he ate a good dinner. But he heard a laugh from the kitchen, and his mom brought out a pie.

Mom took the platter off, but where the pie should have been, there was a tin full of blood! His mother let out a bloodcurdling scream, apparently unknowledgeable, but for just a moment, her eyes flashed red and her scream was a laugh.

2 thoughts on “The Bloody Pie – By Isaac

1. The Bloody Pie- By Isaac

That was a great story. I loved the part when the old lady was talking to him about her grandson. Fred probably thought that he was going to die too when she was telling him the story. That story was a great way to get everyone in the spirit of Halloween.

2. I enjoyed reading your story. I thought it was funny but also spine-chilling! I think you did a good job using a bigger variety of words and you were also very descriptive. I thought your story was great and I hope I can read another of your stories soon!