The Liquid by Maya

It was Halloween night. Mykie and Joey we’re taking a walk in the forest

“Hey Mykie look at this car!” Joey said

“I wonder how it got there!” Mykie replied

“Lets look!” Suggested Joey

“Joey I don’t think that’s a good idea…” Mykie warned

By the time I said it, he was already  there.

“Hey Mykie come over here and look at this bottle! It’s crazy weird!”

What’s weird about it?” I said as I walked towards the car. I peeked in. Joey was right and inside was a weird bottle. It was glass and inside the glass was a strange purple liquid.

“I dare you to drink that!” I said.

“Okay, ” Joey replied.

I was laughing. “Why did you drink that?  I was only kidding!”

I looked up at Joey. He looked weird.

“Can I have some water?” he said softly.

I gave him the water bottle. He chugged it down in one gulp. I heard a scream far away.

“More,” he said. “I NEED MORE WATER NOW!” Joey screamed suddenly. He ran to the river and started drinking.

“Joey? That’s probably not safe for you to drink. Let’s go back home and get out of these creepy woods!” I said.

Joey wasn’t paying attention to me and he just drank. I heard more screams. I ran back home and found my mom and dad dead. I ran to the next house…Dead. Everyone in the neighborhood…Dead. I kept hearing screaming so I quickly turned on the news.

The news announcer said,“Deaths are happening all around the world! All because of a heart att-….” She screamed and slumped forward in her chair. Then I felt something Sharp inside me. I screamed.

“Ahhhhh. That quenched my thirst,”Joey said.

“Mykie?” Joey said. He ran back and looked and saw that everyone was dead. He didn’t care because he needed more water. He didn’t care if he was alone in the world because all he needed was water.

4 thoughts on “The Liquid by Maya

1. Maya,
    Your story “The Liquid”, is very scary to read. It makes me wonder what the purple liquid actually was. Now I know to think twice before drinking something that I do not know what it is!
    From,
    Alec
    Davis Academy, 6th Grade

2. Maya,
    This story is very unique, I never heard a story like this! The liquid was absolutely absorbing, and I felt as if I was right there watching in horror as Joey drank the mysterious bottle of liquid! I admired how your story made a complete transition from ordinary, to the end of the world with using clearly visible transitions. How terrifying! This was an interesting and intriguing story, and I hope you keep on writing to create more amazing stories!

From, Anna
    Davis Academy, 6th grade

3. This was a great story, I can’t believe Joey cares more about water then everyone being dead!

4. Maya,
    I loved reading this blog. It was so interesting, and scary! You are such a great writer. I loved how much details you had. I wonder what was in the bottle now, and who is killing all the people or why are they dying. Keep up the good work!