Nature’s Classroom Zoë

Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 11.25.47 AM
Photo by PDS

Our class went to Nature’s Classroom in Massachusetts for four days.

At Nature’s Classroom we were sorted into field groups. In our field groups, we took hikes, did activities, and performed our skit for Wednesday Night Live. (Won’t go into too much detail about that).

You could choose which classes you got to be in. You didn’t always get your first choice, but all of the choices were good ones. I got into a class where we got to make smoothies, a class where I got to set a tiny, man made forest on fire, a class where we learned about triboluminescence, and a class where I got to manage a country’s finances.

The meals were delicious and there was a rotating cast of ‘waitrons’ who set the tables. There was always some sort of activity during dinner, and loads of options for people with food sensitivities or other dietary differences.

I particularly enjoyed the sing-alongs at the end of the day, where we sang such favourites as the Crepe song and Riptide by Vance Joy. Overall, Nature’s Classroom was loads of fun, despite the snow. I can’t wait to go next year.