Win! Win! Win! by Alexandra

Blog post for Win! Win! Win!
This post is part of The Edublogger’s Share Your Blogging Experience

Blogging challenge #4

1. If I was in charge of the Student Blogging Challenge some of the weekly challenge tasks that I would include would be to  write a paragraph on how blogging connects with your life and some things that you have enjoyed either blogging about or commenting on. That would be my first blogging challenge because it would lead to posts that everyone could read why people liked or disliked blogging.

2. My second blogging challenge would be to record or make a Voki about how you could change one thing about the Edublogs site. I would include that as one of my challenges because it would be fun to record what you wanted to say but at the same time your classmates could see what you want to change about blogging. You could also compare your audio and see if your ideas are similar. Here is my Voki about the Hudson Valley.

Walkway Over The Hudson by Alexandra

3. Usually people write comments on blogs, but for the third blogging challenge I would suggest that students could gather a group of friends and video tape a short movie. That play would be a post and it would be fun because students would have to make up the script, find a title for the movie and at the end could also add effects to what was recorded.

4. For the fourth challenge the students and/or teacher could pick a partner and visit a blog (not your own) and read a few blog posts. When a few posts were read, the partners could decide which post they want to comment on. It would be fun to visit and comment on another blog because you would make new friends and you would probably get comments from the blog site that you visited.

5. The fifth blogging challenge would be to think of an experience that had a lot of emotion. When you think of that time, you could think of at least 12 key words that you would want to include in a Wordle. Creating a Wordle would be fun because once you type in your key words, it automatically decides the font and color of your text, but at the end you will have a chance to change it. Here is our Wordle…

Wordle: us

_______

6. The sixth challenge would be to create an Animoto about one of your hobbies. Making an Animoto video would be a lot of fun because students could add music, pictures, any type of other audio, effects and anything else you could think of. It would be a great activity because students could see everyone’s  hobbies in slide show form. Here is our Animoto …

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

5 thoughts on “Win! Win! Win! by Alexandra

1. Hi Alexandra, thanks for sharing lots of cool ideas of tasks that you would include in the Student blogging Challenge. I like the idea of creating an Animoto because it is fun and easy.

Thanks for entering the Edublogger Competition!

Sue Waters

2. Dear Alexandra,

I love all of your suggestions. Clearly, you know a whole lot about blogging and using technology tools in the classroom. Congratulations for winning one of the Edublog awards! You must be thrilled! We are so proud of your accomplishment! Now it’s time for me to brag about you . . .

3. Dear Alexandra:

As Sue Waters of EduBlogs has already said – this was a very detailed account. It is also a very interesting and useful one. I am so impressed by the work you and your class have done this year. I love reading all the blogs and catching up with the class.

Congratulations on the award and the recognition. I hope you continue to learn about blogging and continue to share your ideas and opinions with the world.

See you at lunch!
    – Josie