My Experience Being Out of School – by Erika

Blogging Challenge

Since we have been out of school and have had snow, it has been pretty boring and horrible, because I lost power on Saturday evening. We had to get takeout food because our food at home was mostly, almost spoiled. On Monday, the temperature was really cold, and at one point it went down to 48 degrees! I had to sit in my hats, gloves, and my jacket since I was freezing. My feet got really cold, and that’s when my mom and I decided to stay in my dad’s office.

But when we arrived at home a few hours later, the power finally came back on just in time for Halloween! I didn’t want to go trick or treating this year because it was too cold for me to run around in the dark. So instead, I helped my mom hand out candy to the other trick-or-treaters. My mom and I decided that I could hand out the candy to the little kids with their parents or just them, and my mom decided to hand it to the older kids. Believe it or not, Remy and Cory, two boys from my class came to my house!

Anyway, even though I had a bad part of my break, I still had lots of fun handing out and eating the candy that was left over.  These were my experiences of being out of school.

3 thoughts on “My Experience Being Out of School – by Erika

1. I heard about your snowstorm. I was lucky enough to be in Hawaii at the time to I missed it! Sounded like you handled not having electricity well.