My top volunteer job by Zoe

Blogging challenge #6

My top volunteer job would be to work at an animal shelter. I want to do that job so I can be with animals for the whole day and help keep them happy and healthy.  I like to be with pets because they are like friends to me. Pets are like humans except with four legs, claws, paws, or fins. I wish I knew what animals were thinking so I could understand them more easily.

I actually tried to volunteer at an animal shelter but the law said that I could NOT do it until I was 18 years old (due to the risk of biting animals). I wanted to do the volunteer job badly and I was upset that I couldn’t do it.

I don’t want to have a pet at home because I would have to train it a lot, brush its fur, go around the house five times a day just to make sure there’s no pet fur on you furniture, take it for walks, and of course GIVE IT SOME ATTENTION. If I have a truck load of homework, I wouldn’t be able to do anything with my pet until the middle of the night, and that would be unfair to the pet. That’s why volunteering at an animal shelter is perfect for me because I can be with animals and not have too much responsibility for them.