The Cat Box – Adrienne

Since Hurricane Sandy is going on, my family had to lock our cats inside for the whole day. My dad must have been thinking about this because he brought up a huge box from down stairs. It had a nice big hole on one side for the cats to get in. Even though it’s big enough for both of the younger cats to go in, only one will go in at a time. The two cats this box is for are Spanky, a grayish brown skinny tabby and Casper, a Siamese tabby. Casper is an absolutely huge cat and Spanky is just a big cat,  but not too big. For almost the whole day Casper has been inside the box just sitting while Spanky sleeps in the TV room. Though every once in awhile Casper will get out and Spanky will go in. Casper then will stick his his paws through a little hole in the box and start waving them around. Either Spanky will completely ignore him and continue playing with a sock that I filled with catnip or he will play along with Casper. Spanky does this by swiping his paws and sticking his head out the door and getting Casper this way. I’m still trying to get them in at the same time.