Monkeys – Ethan

It was a snowy day here in London, England. The year was 1948, and I was just climbing out of bed to sell the morning Newspaper. Once I was out the door I heard a very interesting sound ‘CHING, CHANG, CHING, CHANG!’ It was the sound of the The Cymbal Monkey outside the Antique Store! I always wanted to buy this monkey because its sound was so perfect. I only needed five more Pounds, thankfully each Newspaper cost One Pound. Once I got to my spot, immediately I got seven Pounds! I finally had enough to buy The Cymbal Monkey…

I ran to The Antique Store, looked in the window and there was The Cymbal Monkey. I gave the clerk eight Pounds and he gave it me. I ran home as fast as I could and I quickly showed my parents my new toy and went to my room. I wanted to hear how it sounded, so I turned the monkey over and flipped the switch on his back. The eyes glowed bright red, but its sound was so perfect. I turned the monkey off and went downstairs. That night after supper as I laid in bed I heard ‘CHING, CHANG, CHING, CHANG.’

I rose to see The Cymbal Monkey, at the foot of my bed playing its song. Suddenly my Monkey ran at me, playing its song like a mad man. Smashing my head with its Cymbals! I grabbed the Monkey and threw it out the window into the garbage can. Right then my mom came running up and she saw my room, how messy it was, and she grounded me! I told my friends but they thought I was crazy. That night I was about to fall asleep, then I heard a ‘CHING, CHANG’ I screamed!!

3 thoughts on “Monkeys – Ethan

1. This story confused me a little but when I first read it, but then I read it over and understood it a little better. It was creepy after I understood it, I don’t know whether it was a toy monkey or a fake monkey, but it doesn’t matter because it was a good story! -Lexi

2. Thanks Lexi, next time I will try to make my stories make sense. Thanks for the comment! Ethan

3. Great Story Ethan! I don’t think anybody has ever thought of a scary story with the Ching Chang monkey in it 😂. Very original and creative! – Will