The Pumpkin by Joanie

IMG_1133 The night before Halloween, Daisy sat down to carve her pumpkin. She carved a scary face, then took a knife, put it in some ketchup and stabbed the knife into the pumpkin. That night, she put the pumpkin on her nightstand and said, “goodnight.” After a while, she got up to check on her pumpkin and it was gone!

Soon after, Daisy heard a voice in her closet. It said,

“Come Daisy look what I have to show you.” So Daisy opened her closet and saw the pumpkin calling her name.

“Come into MY closet,” it said.

Daisy screamed “Mommy Daddy help,” but there was no answer! She ran into her parents room and she didn’t see them. She looked all around and still no sign of them. She thought they might have gone to the store, so she went back to bed.

In the morning, Daisy got out of bed and went into her parents room to see if they had came home and sure enough they were sound asleep. “Mommy, Daddy where were you last night? ” They said they had gone to the all night store, so she went on with a normal Halloween day. She couldn’t wait to go trick-or-treating.

“Daisy,” her mom called to tell her it was time for school.

Daisy marched down the stairs and said, “Mom I am sick.”

Her mom said, “All right honey you can stay home from school but that means no trick-or-treating.” All that day Daisy was in her bed crying because she couldn’t go trick-or-treating.

That night she decided to be defiant and snuck out of her room and went trick-or-treating. While she was out she passed by some bushes. They looked like they were glowing red… a hand then reached out and pulled her in. She screamed…

One thought on “The Pumpkin by Joanie

1. Hi
    I am piper I believe that you have visited my blog and you wanted me to check out yours so here I am. I love your story and your theme.
    see ya
    Piper.