Blogging Challenge Week #5

Foods in America

The most popular food in our country is hamburgers. The top ten foods on the list are all junk food or unhealthy food. I think that in our country we should start eating more healthy! Americans tend to be a little bit heavy and I think that we should start to watch what we eat.

Ancient Egyptians ate ground meat that was shaped into patties. I think that that is how hamburgers were invented. Fletcher Davis claimed to have invented the hamburger. According to oral histories, in the 1880s, he opened a lunch counter in Athens and served a ‘burger’ of fried ground beef patties with mustard and onion between two slices of bread; with a pickle on the side.

サウザン野菜バーガー

cinefil_ via Compfight

4 thoughts on “Blogging Challenge Week #5

1. A burger would definitely be one of my favorite foods. Speaking of ancient Egyptians, that is the topic I am learning about in school. During Social Studies, that is what I learn about.

2. I really like junk food but I agree that we should clam our selfs and start to eat healthy too. And one really great fact from your story was that Egyptians have invented the burger pattie.

3. Hi, I’m doing a post about hamburgers too. Great minds that alike. I’m also learning about ancient Egyptians as well, what a coincidence. I love your post be the way. Have a great day!