What I do for the Holidays By Neha

My family and I celebrate a holiday called Eid. We don’t celebrate it during this winter time of year. Eid depends on the phases of the moon. It has to be a full moon the night before to confirm that it will be Eid the next day. Eid happens 2 times a year, one in July or August and the other one in September, October or November. During the one in the summer we also celebrate Ramadan which is before Eid. During this religious time of year we don’t eat at all from sunrise to sunset (we fast), and we also pray. Then after Ramadan which is a month long (usually in June or July), we celebrate Eid in celebration after Ramadan is over. My family’s tradition for Eid is that we go at about 9 in the morning to a hall to do a special prayer and then we usually go with friends and family to Red Line Diner for brunch. Now you might be wondering,what do I do during this winter break. I usually go on vacation to a warm place to get away from the cold! This year I’m going to Costa Rica.  Well, that’s what I celebrate! What do you celebrate? Please comment on the blog! Here’s a link on more of this topic:

Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque - Abu Dhabi UAECreative Commons License Black Zero via Compfight 

(This is a picture of a Masjid, and we go there to pray during Ramadan)