Passion Post By Milaura

My Passion For Music

I am passionate about music, because my parents introduced it to me way back when I was in mom’s womb. Music has become the great center of my life, and it help me with some aspects of it. When I was younger I used to listen to  some good old classic songs, by Michael Bolton, Tina Turner, Lionel Richie, Elton John, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Haitian Kompas which is the dance music in Haiti and some eighties and ninety songs. Nowadays I listen to some pop songs. I also play some musical instruments like piano, guitar and I am currently learning a little bit of ukulele. I love when I put a major chord and a minor chord together and how it sounds.

I enjoy singing and dancing but I am not that great of dancer so I don’t dance in front of people often. Even though I love music, I don’t want to be a musician and a singer when I grown up. When I am older I want to be a Doctor, Nurse, or Actor. I can tune a guitar without a tuner or a pitch pipe, and find a lot chords on my guitar with my eyes closed. I have been playing piano since first grade. I started guitar in the beginning of the school year with this new program my school just got this year. I started a ukulele a week ago, but I only know four chords so far.

Usually when I’m mad or sad I like to listen to music because it calms me down.  Also I like to listen to music while I am waiting  for something because it makes the time go by quicker. There seems to be music in everything you do, like when you walk, your shoes make a clickity clackity sound which goes with the beat. If I listen to the radio I usually listen to Q 92.1 fm of 96.1 kiss fm.

When I listen to music while I work, it helps me concentrate, because if I am just listening to the sounds of the classroom any little thing will distract me. I sometimes listen to music while I read, but not for the same reason. I am not sure why it helps me, however it does. A lot of people find that listening to music while working distracts them because they stop and think about the lyrics and things about the songs. When that happens a lot of people like to listen to classical music, but if I try to listen to classical music it makes me very bored or very sleepy (except for Beethoven). I feel that a lot of music nowadays is not written, just because the person loves music, it is written just so the person can make money. That results in the song not having any meaning or being very repetitive. Now people don’t think about the melody which is part of the reason why a lot of pop songs are just a combination of four chords repeated many, many times. I think that they could be a little bit more creative in that part. If I wrote songs I would write them with great meaning to bring hope and joy to others.

My Guitar
My Guitar (passed down from my dad)

Guitar Chords for Beginners

2 thoughts on “Passion Post By Milaura

1. Hi Miluara!
    That was a well thought out and good story. I like listening to music too but I don’t sing or play any instruments. I think you did a good good job on your spelling. You said music helps you work it also helps me work. I have a question. What is your favorite song? Really good story.
    -Ardon
    Quadblog TX

2. Dear Milaura,
    I really liked your blog you used a lot of descriptive details. I really liked your links and pictures. I would like to try that in my next post.