Joanie- Passion Post

I am Joanie and in this post I will be talking about my passion, which is gymnastics. I am on Mr. Todd’s Gymnastics Team (MTG Illusions). I am on level 4.  Now I will tell you how I started gymnastics.

One day when I was five, my friend Violet asked me if I wanted to take gymnastics at Mr. Todd’s with her. I said yes! That turned out to be one of the best decisions that I have ever made in my life. Then I QUIT! After that when I was about eight, I went to tumbling at Gina Marie’s for two years. Then when I was ten, I tried out for the Ultimate Gymnastics Team and I got on to silver! Now I am on the Mr. Todd’s Gymnastics Team.

I think bars and beam are my favorite events. On strap bar, a bar that you get strapped into, I can do five giants in a row! A giant is when you go around and around the bar. I compete a kip on bars. A kip is one specific way to mount the bar. I am working on my cast to handstand on bars. I can show you a fail video of my attempt of it. On beam I compete a back walkover and a handstand! On floor my, two passes are a round off back handspring back tuck and a front tuck. On vault I compete a front handspring. All these videos are of me.

This summer I am going to two gymnastics sleep away camps. I am going to one called IGC and one called WoodWard. I went to IGC last year and it was really fun. My whole team is going to WoodWard. It is going to be SO much fun!

2 thoughts on “Joanie- Passion Post

1. Hi Joanie! I am so excited to be able to comment on your writing! The reason is that I do gymnastics to! I am only on level 2 but I only need my round off back handspring, my front hip circle, my leap on beam and my strait arm back roll to get to level 3! I can not believe you can do all that cool stuff on the bars! It is so cool! Right now I am recovering from two major rips that just keep ripping! I also think you made the right decision on joining gymnastics!

2. Dear Joanie,

Hi I’m Sydney. I’m an Irish dancer. I’m in Open championship. That’s the highest level. Your post was flawless. My brother does gymnastic! Is it hard? It looks hard, that might be because I can’t do a handstand. Also is level 4 the highest level. How long are your practices?
    Talk to you soon,
    Sydney