Photography by Tess

There are many things I am passionate about, one of which, is Photography. When I saw the pictures my mom took, it really touched my heart. So I asked for my own camera for my 9th birthday. Of course when I opened the gift and saw the present my eyes gleamed. It was a small red camera, that took great close up pictures and not so great landscapes. I took it on a trip and I captured every moment in just a few pictures. Sadly, that camera didn’t last long, but this past Christmas, I got an even better camera. My new camera is very expensive and takes high quality pictures. After I got this camera I went outside more and more to take pictures.

Photo Taken By Tess ©
Photo Taken By Tess ©

Most of the pictures I take are outdoor close ups. But with my new camera I really want to take some nice landscapes. Close ups and Landscapes are two very different types of pictures. If you click on the links it will bring you to the definition of  these two different ways of photography. Personally, it’s much harder for me to take landscapes, but I’ve been trying and getting used to it.

Photo Taken By Tess ©
Photo Taken By Tess ©

Some tips when taking close up pictures are, don’t take too close up pictures. This will cause the image to come out blurry. Some of the time, try to use different angles and colors, so most of your pictures don’t look the same. When taking a close up of something maybe in the grass, try not to get random blades in the way of the focus. This will make the image hard to read. Some tips for taking landscapes are, try not to include any unappealing colors. An example is, if you were taking a picture of a green forest, don’t include brown dead plants in front of the camera because it’s just not appealing to the human eye. If you’d like you can hide things in the picture for people to find. It’s always fun trying to catch your viewer’s eye. And finally use a tripod, this will make your pictures come out nice and clear! These are all the things I did when I first started learning the ways of photography. It’s really fun and I hope you have fun doing it too!

Photo Taken By Tess ©
Photo Taken By Tess ©

2 thoughts on “Photography by Tess

1. That was a good piece of writing. I mean you wrote three paragraphs just about one of your passions. That was impressive and outstanding. I like how you gave tips on how to use a camera and how you also put pictures of things with your camera. I also like how you put camera vocabulary like the word landscape and the word close up. That was a good writing I also like taking pictures though I must ask you what is your camera called like the new one you bought in Christmas?

2. Dear Tess,
    I liked the way you gave me some tips on how to do close up pictures and landscapes. The details you gave in your paragraphs were great. ? I can’t wait to read some more of your stories.