Blogging Challenge Week #10 – By Remy

Blogging Challenge Week #10

I am very excited about having a class blog because this is my first one. I have nine posts that are on the blog which I’m very proud of. My whole class did all nine posts for homework which was really fun although I wish I had time to do a couple of my own.

I just gave the link of our class blog to my grandparents and hope they will spread the word so that I get lots of comments. Right now I have ten comments, which nine are from over sea students, teachers and classmates. The other one is from when my parents visited my blog and left a comment. There is one student in my class who promoted her posts through lots of media centers and the people who got the link and spread it to their friends. I thought that this was really cool because she now has about forty comments. Now that I saw that this works, I think I’m going to do the same thing to encourage more comments on my posts.

After counting up all my comments and seeing that some of my posts did not have any and another one had 6 made me wonder what made that post popular. From looking at the comments it was just a couple of classmates that had to comment on mine for homework which was two comments. I had also replied to what they said as a comment so that was three of them which left one comment. This one comment was from somebody I do not even know and I think she might have been a student who just stumbled upon the post and was asked to comment on it. I know that has happened to me a lot because my teacher will ask us to find a blog and comment on one of the posts. I will just go randomly looking for one and then comment on it. I think that is what happened in this circumstance.

Our blog has a very dull background and I was thinking about asking my teacher to change that. We have only changed in once when during Halloween when it was part f a blogging challenge. I think that we should change the background and style once a month. This would make the blog more interesting for people who are visiting a second time and make it like a new blog they have never seen before.

I was thinking about asking my teacher again to change the theme and background to make our blog more interesting when this new blogging challenge was released. Our teacher assigned homework to complete the blogging challenge. I saw that one of the activities was to make a glogster or something like that to show ten ideas of how to make your blog better. This was one of my favorite posts because it combined what I was thinking about for our blog and making a glogster which is always fun. I think this post will persuade my teacher to make some changes to our blog to make it better.

Another way to make our blog better is to put in many blogging widgets. My class blog has about seven widgets which I think is an okay amount. What I think we should add is a virtual pet which would fit perfectly next to our blog roll. Speaking of the blog roll we have twenty blogs on it and I think we will get more views from those people if we get a virtual pet. I know that I spend a lot more time on a blog if they have a virtual pet and I think it is sort of like giving people coupons for your store. You lure them to come in to use the coupon and then they see an amazing thing like the virtual pet and they buy so much more. On a blog you will get people to play with the virtual pet and then they will notice all your posts and you will get a lot more views and comments.

2 thoughts on “Blogging Challenge Week #10 – By Remy

1. Hi Remy:
    I loved reading your post. You have definitely enjoyed these challenges and I hope you have learned a lot from them. I love your idea of changing the background etc, and I think we have to get a virtual pet.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Shirley

2. Thanks Shirley. I am having a lot of fun doing these challenges especially because I get to pick which activity I get to do.
    Happy Holidays!!!
    Remy