Student Led Conference – Leif

The student led conference is when students present themselves as learners to their  parents and their homeroom teacher. For example, I put in my strengths and challenges and how I’m going to try  to achieve them. I also have goals for the end of the year and for next year. Then at the next student led conference, I will look back on the goals I set and see how I have executed them ( hopefully well).

The prep for the student led conference was very long and arduous. First we filled out a spread-sheet highlighting our difficulties and accomplishments in each field of academic studies like homework or science. Then we would fill out the actual presentation template, The template is a presentation that says on one slide, strengths so that is where we would put our strengths.

I feel that the student led conference is a better conference than the parent teacher conference because in the student led conference students get to actually discuss how they are  advancing as a learner, in contrast to the parent teacher conference where parents and teachers talk about the student behind their back and the students don’t know what their parents and teachers say.