Blogging Challenge Week #5 Activity #1

My family  is from a country called Pakistan ( except we  live in America). In Pakistan we eat a lot of different foods that are all very spicy because we like to eat spicy food. (My grandma is from there and makes Pakistani food). The food we eat is very similar to indian food. Anyway, some things that we eat are,  Naan or  roti , which is a type of bread. Naan is more  soft and fluffy while roti is more dry.(I like naan better). We eat this with chicken or Kebab ( which is basically meat either round or long). They taste like  meat with a lot of spice ( but it usually depends on how the person makes it. I personally like both,( I’m a meat eater). We also eat brown rice or white rice with chicken or lamb.  Chicken from my country is spicy ,and very delicious. I don’t really like lamb though. For dessert we have a lot of things. I don’t really like Pakistani desserts that much but a lot of people do. Anyway, the things that are mostly popular , are Gulab Jamaan which are  milky balls dipped into syrup. We also eat Kulfi which is dessert based on milk. Ras Malai which is also based off of milk but is more liquidy. Barfi which comes in square shape. All of these desserts mostly taste sweet. Anyway, these are just some of the things we eat  from Pakistan.

Here is the link to where I got all my information.

Cheese and Chicken Kabobs Striving Bean via Compfight

A plate of Chicken.

4 thoughts on “Blogging Challenge Week #5 Activity #1

1. Neha,
    I have never tried any Pakistani food but I love both chicken and lamb. I don’t usually like spicy food but I was on a bus tour in Australia recently and one meal we had was Indian choices. I loved the Naan and did try the chicken which was slightly spicy.

I wonder why most of your desserts are made with milk?

2. Dear Neha,
    My name is Lola and I live in California. Your story is so amazing! Your Gulab Jamaan sounds absolutely wonderful and I would love to try it some day. You said that your desserts are mostly sweet. Well, are there any spicy desserts? If so, what are they?
    -Lola
    http://lcase4702.edublogs.org

3. Hi,
    I have only eaten indian 5 times! I hope to have it more from what people/you have said. What is your favourite food?
    Harriet