Student Led Conference -Kristi

A few weeks ago the middle school kids all had Student Lead Conferences with our home room teachers and our parents. At first I thought it was going to be so easy to say things about me like what I’m good at and what I’m bad at, but when I started talking about myself, I noticed it wasn’t going to be as easy as I thought. I didn’t know what I was good at and what I was bad at really so that didn’t really help me in the conference and it only made it more difficult. I thought it was very pressuring and nerve-racking that my parents were there because I never tell my parents what I do in school or how I’m doing on my work.

I learned that when I really want to do something or get something done I will get myself to do it, but if I’m not focused on something or I don’t want to put all my work into something I wont do it. I also learned that I can easily give up on things very easily but only when I’m frustrated or I’m too impatient. I also learned that if I have things on my mind that I want to do I’ll do them before my homework but I have learned that it doesn’t turn out very well…I learned that at the end I’m the one who hurts myself by not finishing something and then getting in trouble for it.

At the end of my conference I thought it went very well and that I didn’t have a lot of things to work on, but I did notice that I have to work on getting my homework done faster and on the day it’s due. Before we talked to our parents about what we learned in school, we had to write down things that we know that we are good at and we had to find things we were not so good at. We also had to get some work to show what was good and another piece of work that showed that we didn’t do well on it.