Picture Challenge by Aidan

Tintin Explorer On The Moon
“Prepare for take off,” blared the speaker system. I couldn’t believe it, we were going to be the first people on the moon. I looked over at Brian and saw him closing his eyes so tight that his face was as white as a sheet. The speaker crackled to life again, ”10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Lift off.” There was massive crushing sensation in my back and in the next ten seconds, I blacked out.

I woke up one hour later to hear the radio calling, “Earth to Moon Rocket, repeat, Earth to Moon Rocket.” I got up and walked over. “Moon rocket to earth this is Connor,” I responded. I heard a shuffling noise next to me and saw Brian wake up. “Moon Rocket to earth Brian is okay and we have survived lift off.”

A few minutes later the radio crackled again. “Earth to Moon Rocket you are 9.5 miles off course, repeat you are 9.5 miles off course, correct coordinates immediately.” The rest of the trip went just like that. With messages being transmitted back and forth. Finally, eight hours later we prepared for landing.

Landing was the same as take off except in reverse. The countdown, the massive crushing sensation and finally blacking out. I came to about an hour later and quickly put on a space suit. I lowered the ladder and for the first time in history a man had walked on the moon. I went to explore around and tried jumping. I could jump 20 feet in the air so I tried that out for a while. While I was jumping I noticed a cave about 500 meters north. I ran-hopped over to the cave and found out it was filled with gold. I ran back to the rocket and reported my discoveries.

We left the moon two days later. The scariest part was landing on earth again. To do that we had to fall in the ocean like a meteor. When Brian and I go back to land there was a huge crowed waiting for us. It was one of the best moments of my life.